In addition to the fact that your energiser must meet the safety standards, you fence must also comply with a number of conditions.
- You should not use more than one energiser on a fence at any one time;
- The energiser’s earthing must be at least 10m away from the earthing of the mains;
- Try to avoid having electric fence wires running under, or parallel to, the overground high-voltage cables or telephone cables;
- If crossing is unavoidable, make the angle near the conductors as straight as possible;
- If an electric fence is adjacent to accessible walking paths, warning signs must be used every 50m (which must be 200mm x 100mm, with a letter size of 25mm);
- The distance between two electric fences must be at least 3m.