Electric fencing for deer
Electric fencing for deer is a safe, economical and long lasting alternative to non-electric and dangerous barbed wire fencing. Gallagher offer a range of electric fence options that cater for the specific needs and unpredicatble nature of deer. Select from permanent (high tensile) or portable (mobile)fence systems below. Choose the solution that best suits your situation. We’ll be happy to give you tailor-made advice
High tensile fence for deer
Deer fences should be fitted by experts. Deer can jump high, and are flight animals. Gallagher specialises in game fences, and offers solutions that are both proven and safe. These fences are also used for protecting crops, such as wheat or barley, vineyards, or field of vegetables.
Gallagher recommends an enclosure with a height of at least 1.30 to 2 metres. With High Tensile, the specially developed aluminised wire, you can keep deer at a distance without injuring them. This form of permanent fence is extremely suitable for deer.
- It comes with a 10-year product warranty;
- Experience: it will last for up to 25 years;
- A longer distance between posts is possible, which means you need less material. Can be stretched tightly with tensioners and tension springs (stainless steel, in accordance with Gallagher standard);
- Use tension springs to deal with temperature fluctuations (shrinkage and expansion);
- 10-year warranty when used with Insultimber or Eco Posts
Mobile fence for deer
Use the (plastic) deer post for a mobile deer fence.
Apply a distance between posts of eight metres.