Repelling deer with scare wire
Fencing for deer is not only used to keep your own deer inside, but can also be used to chase deer away. For example, to protect your crops. When deer and roe deer return regularly, they can eat your beloved garden plants or crops or young forest plantings down to the ground. The best way to stop these animals is to install a fence with electric fencing. This fence should be high enough, as deer are difficult to turn around.
Deer fence to protect crops
Movable deer fence can be used to strategically screen vegetation during periods of flowering and seed setting. In this way, grazing pressure is also maintained. Using electric fencing, deer are kept out. This reduces the risk of damage.
Fencing to keep out deer
The cost of wildlife damage due to the pursued policy of conservation for the benefit of recreation is increasing. The balance of wildlife populations in nature is no longer maintained by landowners and hunters, but by fauna management. This resulted in increasing wildlife damage costs of €96 million. Of this, less than 25% is compensated. Damage caused by deer and roe deer also falls under game damage. When these animals return regularly, they can eat your beloved garden plants or crops or young forest plantings down to the ground. The best way to stop these animals is to install fencing with electric fencing wire. This fence should then be sufficiently high because deer can jump high and are also flight animals. Permanent deer fencing or temporary fencing aimed at keeping deer out can be used for this purpose. Gallagher has two types of deer fence available.
High tensile fencing against deer
When deer and roe deer return regularly, they can eat your beloved trees, garden plants, crops or young forest plantings down to the ground. The best way to stop these animals forever is to install a fence. This fence must then be sufficiently high, as they can jump high. Our advice Gallagher recommends a high tensile system with Insultimber posts.
- Insultimber is a self-isolating, maintenance-free post made of FSC® hardwood with a 10-year guarantee. 100% natural product with environmentally friendly impregnation.
- Natural look that blends perfectly into the landscape. Insulators are unnecessary, wire can be attached with fixing wires.
- Intermediate post of 2.60m and corner post of 3.50m.
- Post spacing at 10m.
- Fence height: 1.80 - 2.00 metres.
- Number of wires 6-8 The High Tensile wire is tightly tensioned using rotating tensioners. Tension springs are installed to cope with tension differences due to temperature differences.
Mobile deer fence
Do you want to temporarily protect your field, orchard or garden from deer? Then a mobile fence is ideal as a temporary or easily movable fence. Gallagher recommends a system consisting of posts, wire and a powerful electric fencer for the temporary repulsion of deer: The robust and lightweight 1.70m Deer Post, specially designed for this system.
- This post is equipped with 4 wire holders and, if required, you can adjust them and/or add more wire holders. These are available separately.
- Gallagher recommends Vidoflex 9 as the wire, for optimal current conduction. The number of wires is at least 4 and for more security you can add more wires.
- The pole distance is at least 4 metres.